Foundations of Holocaust Education, August 2023 is a Course
Foundations of Holocaust Education, August 2023
Aug 14, 2023 - Sep 11, 2023
Full course description
Participate in three modules which will provide you with an overview of Echoes & Reflections and its associated resources, a sound pedagogy for teaching about the Holocaust, background information on the history of antisemitism, and time to consider effective use of several primary sources when teaching about this complex topic.
- Program includes three interactive modules released over three weeks; approximately 6 hours to complete in total – at no cost
- Proceed at your own pace each week, be supported by an instructor, and enjoy interaction with other educators
- Complete all three modules for a 6-hour certificate
- Final module includes additional time to complete optional final project for a 10-hour certificate
- Graduate credit available through the University of the Pacific. Please visit their site for more information.
- Module I: Opens Monday, August 14th
- Module II: Opens Monday, August 21st
- Module III: Opens Monday, August 28th
- Optional Final Project: Due Sunday, September 10th
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Learn about the comprehensive resources available in Echoes & Reflections.
- Be introduced to a sound pedagogy for teaching about the Holocaust.
- Practice instructional strategies designed to help your students learn about the complex history of the Holocaust.
- Enhance your own knowledge about the history of antisemitism.
- Identify strategies for integrating visual history testimony into your Holocaust instruction.
- Develop strategies for introducing students to a variety of primary sources.
- (Optional) Prepare a final project to take back to the classroom.
- Become part of a network of educators teaching about the Holocaust and genocide.