Full course description
Participate in this asynchronous online course for a guided, facilitator-led exploration of Echoes & Reflections resources that support the teaching of Elie Wiesel’s seminal text, Night. We applaud your commitment to teaching this topic and are eager to support you to ensure your students are able to engage in thoughtful, engaging, and historically accurate learning.
- Course opens on January 16th at 7AM EST; approximately 4 hours to complete in total – at no cost.
- Proceed at your own pace each week, be supported by an instructor, and enjoy interaction with other educators.
- Complete all activities for a 4-hour certificate.
- Graduate credit available through the University of the Pacific. Please visit their site for more information.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply a sound pedagogy when planning and implementing effective Holocaust education.
- Explore Echoes & Reflections multimedia assets including the correlated visual history testimonies and other primary resources and materials.
- Build confidence and capacity to teach the text Night grounded in historical context.
- Understand and construct activities that build context around antisemitism, the ghettos, and the Final Solution.