Mini Course - Analyzing Propaganda and Teaching Media Literacy is a Course
Mini Course - Analyzing Propaganda and Teaching Media Literacy
Ended Mar 21, 2023
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Participate in this asynchronous online course for a guided, facilitator-led exploration of Echoes & Reflections resources that support the teaching strategies to help your students understand how to analyze propaganda and learn media literacy skills. We applaud your commitment to teaching this topic and are eager to support you to ensure your students are able to engage in thoughtful, engaging, and historically accurate learning.
- Course opens March 6th at 7AM EST; approximately 4 hours to complete in total – at no cost
- Proceed at your own pace each week, be supported by an instructor, and enjoy interaction with other educators
- Complete all activities for a 4-hour certificate
- Graduate credit available through the University of the Pacific. Please visit their site for more information.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply a sound pedagogy when planning and implementing effective Holocaust education.
- Examine propaganda using media literacy skills.
- Identify opportunities to connect the lessons of the Holocaust with more current examples of hate propaganda.
- Build confidence and capacity to teach about propaganda using media literacy skills.
- Understand and construct activities that show the link between ideology and propaganda.