Mini Course - Connecting the Past with Today: Jewish Refugees and the Holocaust is a Course
Mini Course - Connecting the Past with Today: Jewish Refugees and the Holocaust
Ended Jul 19, 2022
Spots remaining: 0
Enrollment is closed
Add yourself to the wait list and you'll be auto enrolled when a spot opens
Full course description
Participate in this asynchronous online course for a guided, facilitator-led exploration of Echoes & Reflections resources that support the teaching strategies to teach about Jewish Refugees and the Holocaust, connecting the past with today. We applaud your commitment to teaching this topic, and are eager to support you to ensure your students are able to engage in thoughtful, engaging, and historically accurate learning.
- Course opens July 5th at 7AM EST; approximately 4 hours to complete in total – at no cost
- Proceed at your own pace each week, be supported by an instructor, and enjoy interaction with other educators
- Complete all activities for a 4-hour certificate
- Graduate credit available through the University of the Pacific. Please visit their site for more information.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply a sound pedagogy when planning and implementing effective Holocaust education.
- Explore Echoes & Reflections multimedia assets including the correlated visual history testimonies and other primary resources and materials.
- Enhance personal knowledge about the Holocaust, and specifically the plight of Jewish refugees.
- Identify opportunities to connect the lessons of the Holocaust with today’s refugee crisis.
- Understand and construct activities that build context around displacement, issues of migration, and international responses to migration.